Diary of a woman III

She wrote him a poem, but it never got finished
They both fell in love, but it was soon diminished
She sits on his bed and cries in his lap
She cries back at him, knowing they can't go back.

Hours go by and neither one can accept
That by letting go they are doing what's best
At the end of the day, comes the part which she fears
To let him go without shedding a tear

Never again will he kiss her goodbye
And just that thought makes her start to cry
Now she'll finish that poem, and will write it today
This is the start and here's what it says

"You are my love, you drew me in
With a voice like a king and the hardest skin
Your eyes shine like silver and your smile melts my heart
I know that nothing could tear us apart"

That's what she wrote and let me just say
That she'd never do anything to throw that away
But that's not how it works; this world's bitter and harsh
And then something happened, which drew them apart

An old girlfriend showed up and that's when she knew
That his feelings for her were not shiny and new
This person left her and crushed her heart
But she had loved him since the very start.

When our woman came along she saw a way
To end her pain and make it all go away
But by loving this person through thick and through thin
She looked at her girl and wished it was him

"You were my siren, now I'm dead at sea
You drew me in, but you didn't want me
I just wish I knew where it all went wrong
But now another lost sailor can hear your song"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Smile....

I am tough, I will rise.

Diary of a "WOMAN" II